Ready to roll!

14 Aug 2011

Saturday

Left campsite heading towards Taunton. Thought I was going particularly fast at 53 until I realised I had changed setting to km per hour instead of mph. Therefore 111.48km is today's distance; how many miles is that? Disadvantage of this was that my 10 mile stops came round sooner so don't think I was burning as many cals as I was taking in today!
Past Wellington and joined the Great Western Canal to Tiverton. Canal was best yet; lovely path and views and saw horse drawn barge. Stopped for coffee in a barge. (I was there too! Jenny) 
There where loads of hills this afternoon. Measured 9 on Brendas richter scale of hills, same as Chittleford in Widecombe. Devon is definitely the worst place for hills! It took ages to get to Crediton. Now camping at Crockenwell at Mary's old house. Family joined Jenny & I this evening for a chinese meal in the tent.
Jessie wrote this due to Brenda's slow texting.!

No comments:

Post a Comment